Music Banter - View Single Post - Black Metal You Should Know Because it Rules
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2016, 12:11 PM   #45 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bungle View Post
Here's an entry just for you then (and everyone else who reads this because you're not ****ing special)

Hail Spirit Noir - Pneuma

So if you are interested in psychedelic black metal and start looking around for some, you'll probably see this name pretty often, because HSN are one if the big boys. This us their first album, and it is a dazzling display of zany black metal fun. You know how there's all kinds of whacky and playful prog rock, whether it's Canterbury stuff or Gentle Giant... This would be the black metal equivalent. These guys are out having a good time and making sick music at the same time.

But yeah, it's basically a prog rock album from a band like any if those, but to the extreme. It is honestly more prog than psych, but it's all intertwined very nicely.

**** yes. Just finished Pneuma, and have moved onto their second album, with their newest waiting in the wings. Thank god I now know I don't hate prog or else I might have dismissed this band, but they're ****ing sick. And even if they don't have that grim 'n' evil atmosphere of most black metal, the atmosphere they do have is phantasmagorically unsettling, kinda like Ved Buens Ende.

And thanks to them for my new awesome avatar.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote