Music Banter - View Single Post - donald trump 4 prez
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2016, 04:01 PM   #3925 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Am I really making a choice or is everything I do influenced by outside events that set me on the path of choices that I thought I was making? Because with every decision I make you can trace it back to an event that influenced that decision even when we try to act at random you can find a pattern to our randomness and trace it to something that had influenced that. It's the butterfly effect/chaos theory, if it were possible to change one small thing of our past it might have a great effect on the out come of the future, so with that could you really believe that freewill actually exists or are we just slaves to a cosmic push that set us into motion?

Edit: I you believe in the multiverse theory where there is a universe for every decision ever made then in this universe there is a path of decisions that we have to follow. You could easily say that the concept of freewill was created by the ego of human beings to trick ourselves into believing we have more control than we actually do.

Dude is so off the rails now that all of his heroism on 9/11 is long forgotten.

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”