Music Banter - View Single Post - Physical discipline against children .. okay or not?
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2016, 11:01 PM   #628 (permalink)
Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xurtio View Post
Standing in the corner is not comparable to causing physical pain, particularly by a primary caretaker. Siblings are already competitive, by nature, especially the closer in age they get, but primary caretakers reserve a special place in a child's life and their interactions will form the basis of their attachment methods with other people as adults.

There's a clear mechanism for causation from physical pain to anxiety disorders and statistical correlation in the population. What more do you need? Some abused kids don't stop misbehaving, they just stop misbehaving in front of their abusers, others stop misbehaving, but also stop thinking for themselves or feeling safe to explore and be curious about their environment (which stunts emotional and cognitive development).
Once again, the age difference is complete and utter bs. My older brother did worse to me than my parents ever did, and guess what happened? I turned out completely fine while he lives on the street as a drug dealer. Your lack of experience shows in this topic since you seem to think you know how this stuff works.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote