Music Banter - View Single Post - The Metal Education Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2006, 04:04 PM   #101 (permalink)
riseagainstrocks
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord
now with Death metal im confused on how Whisper supremecy and and then youll beg is death metal, the vocals on the most part are not, and lyrically its not about death only the worst singer ever lord worm is death metal and he cant keep up with the band (well neither could desalvo with and then youll beg but it was better than worm).
The music is still the driving force. I am still undecided but to me Disalvo is better. Lord Worm is far too...chaotic in his screams. It doesn't flow well. Granted, Cryptopsy doesn't really write 'flowing' music.

Quote:
and meshuggah melodic death?? really? i thought at the gates was melodic death, meshuggah sound nothing like that, vocally its not death metal, and tech wise its too heavy for prog.
It is arguable. I put them with melodic death due to the fact that they sound closer to At the Gates than Morbid Angel. But they could go with Progressive as well. When I restructure the paper, I'll probably put them with either Tech or Avantgard. But as I said, if I hear any good arguements, I'll consider changing my opinion

Quote:
yeah im not a huge fan of dimmu either though they do have there moments of shining the orchestras, the bass players vocal parts and such, thats interesting that they are gothic industirial, i heared they were black metal becuase of the satan crap, but i can hear the goth, well no see the goth side pretty clearly but it just looks like more commercial black metal
Dimmu Borgir is more goth than black. But If I had the choice, they'd be put in the '**** metal' section. To be fair, they have some nifty orchestrations, but not enough to overcome the utter lameness of everything else they do.