Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Music Hall
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2016, 10:38 AM   #90 (permalink)
Key

[Basic Info] Steven Wilson

So, this starts Steven Wilson month, and while I know there are plenty of people that know about him already, I feel the right way to introduce this month is to give some insight into the man who can do it all. The common question that pops up is "why do you like Steven Wilson?" and the simple question to that is, I like the way his voice sounds, and his music is simple proggy enough that I can jam to it at any given time. It's one of those things where you don't know what to listen to, so you listen to something with Steven Wilson in it. That's how it is for me anyway.

Steven Wilson may be more famously known for his role in Porcupine Tree, but he's also been involved in many other projects like Blackfield, No-Man, and Storm Corrosion, and simultaneously making a name for himself through his solo work. His solo discography spans through 5 albums with the first in 2008, and the more recent release of 4 1/2 this year, which I have reviewed in this journal. I'll post a link to it here: http://www.musicbanter.com/members-j...ml#post1724583

Other than that, Steven Wilson has had a hand in helping out other bands with other artists like Opeth, Pendulum, and Anathema to name a few. He's become known as a progressive rock connoisseur and during the London Progressive Music Awards, he was given three awards and crowned "the king of prog rock".

I can't say for certain which album will fit your interests, but if you have the time to look into his work, there's certainly something for you. Personally, I'm a huge fan of his solo work, but his studio albums with other acts are phenomenal.

Side note: This will work in the same way my other monthly themes work where it will fit a Mon-Fri schedule and the weekends will be free reign.

INDEX:
Introduction & Basic Info
[Song Highlight] Porcupine Tree: Arriving Somewhere But Not Here
Let's Talk About...No-Man
[Song Highlight] No-Man: Pigeon Drummer
First Experience With Steven Wilson (Added Bonus)
Some Facts
[Small Review] Steven Wilson: Hand Cannot Erase
Artist Talk: Blackfield
[Song Highlight] Storm Corrosion: Storm Corrosion
Quick Ranks [Part 1] | Quick Ranks [Part 2]

Last edited by Key; 11-07-2016 at 10:23 AM.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote