Music Banter - View Single Post - Physical discipline against children .. okay or not?
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2016, 01:10 PM   #749 (permalink)
DwnWthVwls
Fck Ths Thngs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
(1)Are you implying that it's cool for you to drive without a seat belt but your passenger(s) can't?

(2)We have to remember that a lot of politician's and/or their families once had (or still do) a large and lucrative stake in the Tobacco industry. That's one of the main reasons why the tobacco lobby is as powerful as it is. Doesn't make it right but it is what it is. At least they've raised the costs of cigarettes to the point that the people buying them are helping to pay for some of the medical costs associated with smoking.

(3)We've given the government authority to regulate what we do with our bodies for the past 227 years. And technology has already come leaps and bounds during that time. I can't think of a single health related legislation that tampers with human rights. And I don't see it happening. Just because you think it might happen doesn't negate having to abide by the reasonable current laws regarding health related issues.
(1) No, I'm saying that everyone has the option to get in a vehicle, and if you don't feel comfortable but do it anyway it's your own damn fault. Do you get in the car with the ******* who does 100 and weaves in and out of traffic? I don't I'll take my own car or simply not go.

(2) I don't understand your point. Tobacco is big money, so meh, it is what it is? You're not taking a stance. I don't care, if the government is concerned about public safety than why isn't tobacco regulated? They pick and choose at their own convenience, and while you may be okay with that, I am not.

(3) Have we? Maybe as a majority yes, but that really has no influence on my personal beliefs of if they should or should not be allowed to. Where did I say anything about not abiding by current laws? Vaccinations are not mandated. I am against them being mandated for reasons stated above, that's all I've said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote