Music Banter - View Single Post - Physical discipline against children .. okay or not?
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2016, 01:26 PM   #753 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
(2) I don't understand your point. Tobacco is big money, so meh, it is what it is? You're not taking a stance. I don't care, if the government is concerned about public safety than why isn't tobacco regulated? They pick and choose at their own convenience, and while you may be okay with that, I am not.
A politicians first concern is remaining a politician. Introducing legislation that would put the tobacco industry out of business would be political suicide. You fight the fights you know you stand a chance to win. They are not picking and choosing out of convenience sake.

Have you ever seen the movie The American President? There's a great string of scenes that show the president's staff are trying to lobby congressmen to commit to a piece of the president's legislation. One by one they get turned down because the presidents popularity rating has tanked. It really illustrates perfectly how things work in Washington.

Found part of it. NSFW

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote