Music Banter - View Single Post - Blank Does Whatever He Damn Well Pleases
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2016, 10:36 PM   #189 (permalink)
Blank.
Jacob Sartorius

Today's review is Sunny Days Real Estate's Diary (Midwest Emo, Emo, Alternative Rock, Post-Hardcore)

Ok. Since the rock album survivor thread is doing Emo, I'll give these albums a listen and try to vote. Here goes nothing.

Seven: Ok. We have some alternative rock beat at a faster tempo. The song slowed down, and the tempo picks right back up. Really digging this song.

In Circles: I hope the whole albums instrumentals don't sound like this. It's good for a song or two but i like the drums to take a background to the guitar. Chorus is decent.

Song About An Angel: This song starts with a slow tempo. We have some drums come in. And then a build into what I assume is the chorus. I haven't understood a lyric he's sang so far. He's pretty much just mumbling.

Round: I really enjoy the guitar work here. Well done. These guys really make the drumming prominent.

47: They're really letting the guitarist stand out here.

The Blankets Were Stairs: Slow build into some guitar work and then the overbearing drums come into it.

Pheurton Skeurto: a piano comes in for the intro for this one. Very nice. Piano keeps for the entirety of the song.

Shadows: Easy guitar to start this off. Hey, I can actually understand what the singer is saying. This might easily be my favorite song. It just comes together so nicely.

48: This band has their formula and they're sticking to it.

Grendel: Ok, we have some feedback and what sounds like breathing kicking the album off. And now we have some light guitar with minor drum work. Not sure what's going on vocally. It's weird. I really love the bridge into the chorus.

Sometimes: This is probably the most mellow song on the whole album. Well, til the chorus.

Final thoughts: I was hoping for something more. This album has loads of potential, but seems to struggle in realizing it. The band has a formula and seems to be happy with it. That said, for what the album is its a fantastic album.

Favorite track: Shadows
Blank. is offline   Reply With Quote