Music Banter - View Single Post - What TV shows are people watching?
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2016, 05:59 PM   #4490 (permalink)
YorkeDaddy
silky smooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Watched the first series of Black Mirror after viewing the most recent one and loving it. The first episode with the pig ****ing was just dumb, the second episode with the American Idol/Brazzers thing was good but nothing to write home about, and the last episode with the dinner party and the bionic eye/brain systems was absolutely brilliant and hit me on the same level as San Junipero did. Made up for the first two episodes for sure. The first two had themes and ideas about the media and such that I really liked, but I think that they could have been communicated in a much better way.

And now onto the second season.
Well whaddya know, I've been watching Black Mirror too.

Season 1 episode 3 stands as my favorite so far. It's such a bleak, oppressively dark experience that was executed flawlessly. I also really enjoyed season 3 episode 3 (the one with the kid who gets blackmailed by the texting people into doing whatever they want). A real riveting ride that kept me on the edge of my seat, that one.

I didn't like San Junipero as much as many. It just kind of bored me and I didn't find the payoff to be as powerful as everyone else. Not sure what I'm missing, I just didn't find it anything to write home about. It was still a strong hour of television though, the only episode in the whole series so far the I've watched and didn't like was again the cartoon bear episode that several others have mentioned. That was like a 4/10, every other episode is like a 6/10 and above, multiple of which hitting 10/10.

9-Time Winner of MusicBanter's "Most Qualified to be a Moderator" Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
On this one your voice is kind of weird but really intense and awesome
YorkeDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote