Music Banter - View Single Post - Does Music Television Still Exist?
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2016, 04:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Tristan_Geoff
midnite roles around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selective View Post
The first music television was MTV, and about the time that died in the early 90's, there was also VH1, and then a few others popped up for a bit, but then those sort of died out.

It took a very long time for the internet to be able to handle audio files, and then much longer just to be able to handle video files, so it took almost another generation before we could even watch and listen to music and music videos on the internet. However, still no streaming site for music videos!

The artists and record labels took another generation just to give in to the idea of letting people watch the music videos online for free, as the public started doing it for them, and now record labels do it so the public doesn't have to.

Yet, is there anywhere to go now to watch streaming music videos now?

I know we have lots of audio streaming options like Pandora Radio, iHeart Radio, iTunes Radio, TuneIn, MixCloud, SoundCloud, and Spotify. What about for music videos though?

I know we can look up playlists or make our own playlists on video streaming websites like YouTube, but what about a massive stream that just plays so much, that it reminds you of songs and videos that you forgot about while introducing you to new music and videos at the same time?

I miss the old music video channels. Do they still exist?
Sorry to tell ya, but they never went away. MTV never stopped playing videos, and was still quite known for flagshipping bands like Sum 41 up until the mid 2000s. There was also Fuse TV, Vh1, Vh1 Classic, and some other ****. Nowadays, Vh1 Classic is MTV Classic so maybe you'd wanna check that out.

Emo/Pop Punk Journal

Techno Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neward Thelman View Post
"SMOKE CRACK MUDA****KKA"

I'll check that dictionary, but in the meantime I'm impressed - as is everyone else in the world - by your eloquence, obvious accomplishments and success, and the evidence of your blazingly high intelligence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
He just doesn't have a mind so closed that it rivals Blockbuster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I own the mail
Tristan_Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote