Music Banter - View Single Post - Forum Member Album Reviews
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2016, 03:00 PM   #614 (permalink)
Blank.
Jacob Sartorius

Daydream Society's The Blinding an album by the esteemable YorkeDaddy. (Ambient, Electronic, Post-Rock, Experimental)

Spoiler for album cover:

Alleyways to Infinity: Soft music (is that guitar?). We get some electronica. Interesting track. Has some fun unique qualities.

Isolation Test: Some acoustic guitar. Electronica comes in. Seems like you're trying to experimenting more here. Enjoyed this track.

Cellar Dweller: Dug the way the song started. I like how these songs start soft and progress into something a bit more distorted.

Hesitation: Interesting way to start. Not sure what is happening, but it's cool. You seem to be experimenting way more on this track.

Nervous Suystem: Video game music! You get more experimental as the track goes on.

Gaze: Good track.

Solar Cryonics: Really like the darkness in this track. This is my favorite track so far.

Lucid Alive: I like the more psychedelic feel in this track.

Echo Emissions: Drums? I don't think I've heard any drums on here. Nice use of the drums, I wish they were a little louder. Oh, I really like this guitar here. This track is better then solar cryonics.

Luminescence: Good song.

Dream Craving: Good song.

Final thoughts: I'm going to be frank. This album started out strong but as it went on it started to just not be as good. the last two tracks felt more like a chore rather than a enjoyable listen. It's a good album, but I think it went on two tracks longer than it needed to. Not to say those last two tracks were bad, they weren't, but I think I had grown tired of this particular sound by the end.

Favorite track: Echo Emissions
Blank. is offline   Reply With Quote