Music Banter - View Single Post - The Rebirth Of Classical Music
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2016, 02:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
PedroJoséBernardezSarria
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh93248 View Post
What needs to be done to resurrect Classical and improve it?

My suggestions:

1. A culture AGAINST absolute historical authenticity must develop, one that does not destroy historically informed and score-strict musical practice but rather provides an alternative and challenges the norm. My theory is that a broader licence of creativity will attract more performers and listeners.

2. Less experimentation and more shameless populism. We have a weird dichotomy between the fascism of performance practice and the wild unfettered crap that is modern composition. Originality and novelty should not be the be all and end all of composition, some bloody accessibility is called for I think.

3. Classical needs to bring its expertise more to different genres of music and learn from them in return. I have a dream of a world where There are Grunge preludes Bashed out on the Piano, Metal Arias Sung in grand Dark operas, Pop singers can actually sing in tune because they have been classically trained, Violins play blues Concertos with orchestras and more...

4. Elitism must be destroyed.

So, what are your thoughts?
Based on what you've said, I wonder what you (and other posters here)'d think of my compositions....
PedroJoséBernardezSarria is offline   Reply With Quote