Music Banter - View Single Post - The Art Thread
Thread: The Art Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2016, 04:15 AM   #1656 (permalink)
crukster
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan Geoff View Post
^^^

Wow! How long have you been making comics? This is professional level.
I've been drawing all my life, but since 2005, 2007 at this level.
I was really good at realism at school but I didn't grasp the finer points of surrealism. I didn't work on comics until I made my own cartoon style characters
like Ren & Stimpy and Nickeloden. then in 2005 I started drawing comicbooks that are like Simpsons newsagent comics crossed with storyboards.
I used my character Jimbob Jorkey and his friends. I started to draw at a slightly elevated level than what I was doing in my spare time between lessons which was lots of stick figures warring.

Then after I left school, I had some time off to refine it because I was really ill. I'd say I've been making comics for 10 years at this level, it hasn't changed much but I find I'm more able to communicate the subject I want to.

It's a really tiring way of working because I do pencils, then I do really fine inks and rub out the pencils then I "laquer" it up and kinda of twist a second layer over the top. My favourite part has always been working with colour.

Painted the borders black for dramatic license.
Same stuff but I coloured it in. I used watercolours, felt tip pens and colouring pencils. I would use colouring pencils all the time if the paper grain would allow.

Last edited by crukster; 11-17-2016 at 12:20 PM.
crukster is offline   Reply With Quote