Music Banter - View Single Post - donald trump 4 prez
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2016, 05:10 PM   #4280 (permalink)
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard
OQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Not really. It's a trendy way of saying you're a Republican without having to feel like an ******* for voting against civil rights, even though the vast majority of libertarians don't care about civil rights. I'm sure at some point I cared enough about the economic arguments against libertarianism to have an intelligent conversation but it's been years since I lost faith in politics during my deconversion, so I probably can't remember them. But libertarianism is utopian conservatism that would work only marginally better than actual laissez faire capitalism.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
it's better to not be associated with a specific movement. Confining your beliefs to one ideology is kinda silly. Reason, evidence and morality should be enough.
Not all of my ideologies align with the libertarian movement, it's just that more do than other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
Libertarians don't argue against civil rights. Libertarianism is about complete independence for the individual, so I'm not sure where you get that from. Absolute mental gymnastics being performed.
Oh and yeah, that. Somehow missed that as I was reading his post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good