Music Banter - View Single Post - OK Computer or Moving Pictures?
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2016, 02:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I can kind of get the comparison. Radiohead fans need to come to Jesus about how prog they are at their core. These two records have similar production and shine. I know a big Radiohead fan who says he doesn't like Pink Floyd. That's like a Slayer fan saying he doesn't like Black Sabbath (or maybe the reverse?). I get you like what you like but at certain point it shows a lack of basic understanding. I'm also voting Moving Pictures. Not because I have anything against Radiohead. In fact, I love them. It's just that Moving Pictures is an incredible masterpiece. Song for song brilliant start to finish. I'm sick of Rush being relegated to a guilty pleasure kind of band. They're awesome. Period.
I definitely agree on the similar production and shine bit, they're both incredibly well produced records, even if I think OK Computer is just okay. I just see them as two drastically different albums and haven't heard the comparison before. Maybe it is a lack of understanding from only listening to OK Computer tennish times, can you elaborate on the similarities?

Also your friend probably doesn't like Floyd because he went into it expecting a Yes or Kansas style prog band. While I do love them, I don't really think of them as prog tbh.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote