Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2016, 05:49 PM   #24898 (permalink)
Mondo Bungle
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene

If you were ever asked what the sickest death metal album of all time is, you would probably be safe if you said this, I imagine that's a pretty popular opinion. More riffs than Dark Angel's discography, and every single one is more badass. Drummer is a machine, not a drum machine, just a gnar, drumming... machine, guy.

10/10 album for me easily, you can go see what I think in the best albums of 2016.

The first two PtH albums were successful listens, so now I'm checking the next two, which seem to be less edgy in the metalcore way, but more thoughtful in the original music way. The vocals are still impressive and not as awful as you'd expect from these melodic core bands, though I still there's too much of them, and they might be too much of a focal point when the music underneath is so amazing.

Well that's obviously not some obscure album or one to shock people by me listening to. But I do wanna say, even for being "notoriously raw" or whatever the ****, I've always thought that this album has one of the best drum sounds I've ever heard metal or otherwise, but especially in black metal. The drumming itself is simple and efficient, but the quality and sound of it is so perfect, for me at least. The drums ain't even raw, they sound almost pristine. I love it so so much.

This album is just so sick I can't even handle it. Furious, intricate, and badass riffing, dark atmosphere, absurdly harsh vocals. Nonstop.

It's so unfortunate when an album of this caliber goes so far under the radar. This is quite simply some of the best technical punk business ever, or whatever you wanna call it, jazzcore, punkjazz, post-hardcore, noise rock, spastic mother****ing punk ass **** to melt your brain lobes, it doesn't matter because it's all of that. Compositionally mad and executed with a harsh precision. It's heavy, noisy, and fast, and plays like free jazz. NoMeansNo+Drive Like Jehu+Devo+John Zorn+Napalm Death+every awesome band ever shoved in a blender, no turtle like Deep Turtle.

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote