Music Banter - View Single Post - Qwertyy's Journal of Music Reviews and Other Assorted Ramblings
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2016, 06:55 PM   #178 (permalink)
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard
OQB

MC Trustan - Metaphoric Train Wrec
Recommended by MC Trustan (Tristan Geoff)

Just to preface the review, I have already heard the album before. For those not aware, this is a weird comedy mash-up trackwreck album but MB's own Tristan Geoff. In his own words, I believe he said the goal was to combine Speeding Bullet 2 Heaven, Angelic 2 The Core, and every other **** album released over the past few years. So, yeah let's get crackin'.

Intor _ to the Album: The album begins with some synths and a seemingly techno influenced drum beat. MC Trustan introduces us to the album while mentioning some of his influences on the project (**** Vanilla Ice) and then we move on.

Every M0rn|ng: We get a nice breakdown of what Tristan does every day on this track. For those ever wondering what a morning in the world of Tristan Geoff consists of, look no further than this song. Also there's a nice little shoutout to his main man Qwertyy on this track. Pretty short though.

The $addest $ong ($kit): Track 3 presents us with a wonderful cover of Green Day's Wake Me Up When September Ends. And by wonderful, I mean... well... listening is not advised. The cover transitions into Boulevard of Broken Dreams and Tristan repeats IWALKALONE over... and over... and over... and over... Did Frown play the guitar on this song? Sounds like something he would do.

No $leep For Tr1stan: Easily one of the funniest songs on the record here. A hilarious remix of Beastie Boys No Sleep Till Brooklyn. Tristan's flow is truly impeccable on this cut. Best line "Brooklyn, sleep, I mean Tristan..."

Dn $$$1ggy: Ode to Danzig right here. Just a little bit of praising to the O.G horror punk icon. "He's in a band called The Misfits, and everyone at the mall has their t-shirt" fact. This adds a brand new description to the term mumble rap. Also Dave Grohl ****ing sucks.

Onion$ (Skit): I think this might just be a sample from something ****ed up and slowed down, but I have no idea. Takes up time and space but doesn't really offer anything. It gets really noisy near the end #saveallears

TheDupe1One Hype#: Talking briefly over a rap beat for 2 and a half minutes... nothing to see or hear here. Another s/o to Qwertyy tho.

Maemes Plz: 2nd best song on the album. HARAMBE MEMESSSSS. Ever wanted to hear Tristan rap over a Death Grips beat? You got it. I'm a Death Grips and meme addict so this doubles down for me.

Quote requote###: Anotha one of those mumble rap tracks. This beat reappears time and time again on the album to the point that it kind of makes me want to kill myself.

Hemin)wah (skit): I think the funniest thing about the album is how it takes things so far past the point of being even remotely entertaining and causes you to go a little crazy. Props Tristan, you accomplished the goal you set out to achieve.

NAPALM DEATH **** OFF: I

random shapes that im not going to type:
AM

Insert Track Name Here x4: GOING

NAPALM DEATH **** OFF 2 & 3: TO

Numpsack: KILL

NAPALM DEATH **** OFF 4 & 5: MYSELF

THru The Fyre And The Fl@mes Wurz$z: BEFORE

7ime Tah Git $UUUeeed11!9Skit):
THIS
A $$ $$ t h e t i c s: ALBUM

Trustan's Island: ENDS

Final Verdict: Alright Trit. I'm going to be honest wit ya. I laughed, I cried, and I wasted my time. Two best songs are pointed out ^ up there. Aside from that, like I said, you accomplished your goal of making the ultimate trackwreck album that almost inspired me to put my head through a well. Props my dude.

****ING FAIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote