Music Banter - View Single Post - Blank Does Whatever He Damn Well Pleases
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2016, 11:24 PM   #235 (permalink)
Blank.
Jacob Sartorius

Thanks Bat.

Ok. Lets review today's album: Captain Beefheart & his Magic Band's Trout Mask Replica.

Not sure what to expect. Let's see what happens.

Frownland: And straight to something that resembles... blues? What the fuck is going on? I... I oddly like this.

The Dust Blows Forward 'n The Dust Blows Back: Ok. Has a folky feel. This man's voice sucks. He needs instuments to subtract from that.

Dachau Blues: Is this blues or jazz? I oddly enjoy this.

Ella Guru: It appears Alvin (that chipmunk) is doing guest vocals on this.

Hair Pie: Bake 1: Dig the saxophone's starting this track out. What is that in the background? I have no idea what is happening in at the end of the song.

Moonlight on Vermont: How many ways can I say this is weird? Cause I'm running out. But frankly this probably was the most normal track off the whole album so far.

Pachuco Cadaver: I kind of... sort of like this album so far. I thought it was going to be so far out there that I wouldn't be able to listen but, I mean, it's not normal, but it's not awful.

Bills Corpse: I'm running out of shit to say.

Sweet Sweet Bulbs: ....

Neon Meate Dream of a Octafish: I... I have no idea what I just listened to.

China Pig: Really Like the bluesy personality in this.

My Human Gets Me Blues: And we're back to the... Whatever the fuck this shit is.

Dali's Car: ...

Hair Pie: Bake 2: Part two of that song earlier. It's managing to be as much of a brain **** as the first one.

Pena: I have no idea what to say... That was weird.

Well:

When Big Joan Sets Up: Huh?

Fallin' Ditch: Frankly, this album is growing tiresome. It has a lot of novelty going on, but beyond that their is nothing else going for it. And with the novelty growing old, it's just a shitty album.

Sugar 'n Spikes: ^

Ant Man Bee: I'm pretty sick of this. I hope it ends soon.

Orange Claw Hammer: He's trying too hard...

Wild Life: ...

She's Too Much for My Mirror: I've just crossed into this album is annoying territory. I'm tired of this guy's voice, I'm tired of this music.

Hobo Chang Ba: God. This is so annoying. End already!

The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica): Ok, this is just someone trying too hard to be creative.

Steal Softly Thru Snow: This album should've ended awhile ago.

Old Fart at Play: ...

Veteran's Day Poppy: ... Is it over? Thank you!

Final Thoughts: So, it got tiresome towards the end. The album drags on way too long, feels like they were trying too hard at times. It started out fun, but just got tiresome the further into it I went. This is a once and done album.

Favorite track: Don't have one. I don't really like novelty music that much to begin with.
Blank. is offline   Reply With Quote