Music Banter - View Single Post - Why does there seem to be a stigma attached to advocate for Men's Rights?
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2016, 10:59 AM   #370 (permalink)
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard
OQB

I agree 100% with everything you just said PB. There's a reason why men had higher paid professions in the past, just like there's a reason why there's more men in these powerful political positions discussed earlier by elphanor. My point is the issue is ingrained in society and the way we think, it has nothing to do with women just "making less" than men, it's not a black and white issue.

I also think the statistic regarding women in there 20s making more than men is quite interesting. I believe that graph has it wrong because I've heard 4% a lot more than 8%, but nonetheless it shows a strong change in numbers.

I wonder if it has anything to do with women being more willing to commit to staying in a post-secondary Institute for longer. That's a totally anecdotal guess, but from what I've seen men seem to, on average, seem more determined to jump right into the work force whereas women take more care to ensure they're in the best position possible when entering (I.e higher degree, better education.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote