Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2016, 12:51 PM   #401 (permalink)
Key

This year has not only been a great year for music, but some fantastic video games have made their debut as well. While a lot of them have been early access games or alpha/beta games, there have still been some official releases that have caught my attention more than most years. Instead of doing reviews of games that I've probably already talked about in this journal, instead I want to do this as the member awards are done. Giving video games awards are far better and more organized and honestly, I don't really feel like talking about games I've already talked about in this journal just to make a point. So, these will be split up into several categories including the game of the year of course. While some of these categories may have several games, only one will be taking the game of the year spot. So here we go:

Game of the Year 2016: Doom
Most Disappointing Base Game Made Better By DLC: Fallout 4 (Far Harbor)
Most Surprising (Horror): Layers of Fear
Most Terrifying (Horror): Alien Isolation
Didn't Bother Playing Based On Bad Reviews: No Man's Sky
Simple Concept Done Well: Welcome To The Game
Difficult But Fun: Enter The Gungeon
Best Soundtrack: Crypt of the Necrodancer (game released in 2015, but I didn't play it until 2016)
Most Hours Put In (As Of 2016): Rocket League (168 hours)
Best Steam Sale Purchase: Tie between Sid Meier's Civilization V and Doom
Most Anticipated But Haven't Played: Dishonored 2, Sid Meier's Civilization VI, Inside