Music Banter - View Single Post - donald trump 4 prez
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2016, 10:03 AM   #4600 (permalink)
Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
nah if the authority at the polling place tells you, you can't vote this time, you're likely to just go home how would you know

don't call them stupid for that
Uh, so you're saying all polling places are equal? I don't think so. Everyone has the right to vote, so if you're told not to, it's an invasion of your American freedom, and you should fight it. There are corrupt polling places depending on the state and demographic of the state. That's why I think we really need to implement two things when the next election comes around:

1)Count election day as a holiday much like we do with other holidays that give us the day off from work. It's our American freedom to vote, and a lot of people can't get out to vote because their job won't allow it.
2)Require everybody do mail in votes if applicable. If you can't get out of work to vote on voting day, mail it in. Some states still don't do this as far as I know, and it's dumb as hell.

Possibly a third option: Make voting accessible on a dedicated protected server so you can do it online in your own home.