Music Banter - View Single Post - Last Bought
Thread: Last Bought
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 06:08 PM   #2015 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordwyr View Post
What I want to know is how he affords all this ****. IIRC, he is pretty much skating the poverty line in terms of take-home income.
Quite right. Early on I made sure to hone my deal-scoring skills as a survival tactic.

I'm in the lowest tax bracket above poverty. And I've had to support both myself and my wife through a year of her unemployment.

Still, to my advantage:

1. I've never in my life owned a credit card. If I couldn't afford it, I didn't buy it.

2. I have near perfect credit for having paid all bills on time for 25 years.

3. I'm paying off my college loans in full this Feb and will be 100% debt free (mortgage aside)

4. I tossed out my car ~10 years ago(?) so I save a fortune on car payments, gas, maintenance, and insurance by working and living within 1 mile of my door.

5. I tossed out my TV in 1999 so I don't have to deal with a cable bill.

6. I budgeted $1,900 this year for music and have kept just under that limit.

7. And was able to buy a beautiful home built in 1924 with all its original hardwood flooring and gumwood trim intact, with a new gas fireplace, new hot water, new roof, new energy windows, new electrical, 24 free LED 12-year bulbs for all sockets, and the city came in and performed blow-in insulation at all levels for free and delivered a brand new fridge as a free upgrade.

8. And I keep a spare 5-7k in the bank at all times for emergencies.

Paycheck to paycheck is a tough gig, but I live quite comfortably in spite of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote