Music Banter - View Single Post - Love or Hate?
Thread: Love or Hate?
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2016, 03:14 PM   #3007 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
You look more hot than I remember.
I look more hot than I remember! You should see me in the mornings!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micco View Post
Haven't been on here in a good few months, but I came back and saw you were doing this again so I figured I'd throw a few recommendations your way.

Listen to the Scatman - John Larkin (Scatman John)(Vocal Jazz/Piano)
-There's not a lot of info online about this one but it's one of my favorites, you can find it on apple music, youtube, etc.

Pieces of a Man - Gil Scott-Heron (Soul/Funk)
-Hard hitting and poetic soul, very political and existential stuff. Was my go to sad album for a while.

Resurrection - Common (Hip-Hop)
-figured I'd throw another Hip-Hop album at ya and see how it's sticks, this one has a real nice vibe and the song topics are fairly well done and clever at times.

I remember a one rec per post rule, but considering I probably won't check this for another few months or so it probably wouldn't be too efficient. Feel free to do whatever with these recs, enjoy.
Yo Micco! You just happened by at the right time. I've been away for nigh-on nine months, so it's pretty fortuitous that you should drop by just as I kick this back into gear. I'll drop your recs into the list as per, and hopefully my education on genres I'm not familiar with will continue apace.