Music Banter - View Single Post - Missing Posters Bulletin Board
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 08:34 AM   #3106 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I'm not white knighting for her. I'm giving a voice to the voiceless that would have just been ignored and written off as crazy even if she was around.
The last thing SF was was voiceless. She was forever spouting on about this and that, and as soon as anyone disagreed with her or poked a hole in her logic, she played the race card. That's not being voiceless, that's being a twat.

Quote:

You guys don't notice a pattern you have here. Anytime there is someone with opinions you don't agree with you are quick to call the person bat**** crazy and just write them off without thinking to yourself about the motivations behind their actions. I guess it's just empathy issues but guess that's just the nature of the beast of being online. No one really gives a fuck.
Explain how this works. If it did, then there would be no debate here, no forum at all. If I start going on about how I love this band or that band, or can't stand American Football or some political thing, people do NOT write me off as crazy (even though I am) - they have come to understand that I can debate without (often) losing it and they know that though I may take offence at the odd comment I won't go crying to the mods or boil over as SF almost always did. She's the exception, not the rule. Unless you can bring up others?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Waaaah she called you racist. If you aren't racist then why are you so bothered by it?
Well there's a silly question! If you're not something bad, and someone says you are, you shouldn't be bothered by it? If someone calls me a child rapist or says I love Frownland's music, I shouldn't get outraged? So what you're saying is that anyone can say anything and nobody should get upset if it's a lie or at least inaccurate? Are we all robots???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I haven't said it out loud to anyone yet but yeah I got the feeling she was a little bit crazy... nah, on second thought full-blown crazy, nah really just a little bit crazy. I tried to be friendly with her, and it worked for a while. However watching her go after one member after another I knew in the back of my mind it was time before one day she would give me a hard time like she gave others. It like making a friend with a ticking time-bomb that if you don't handle her with kid gloves she'll blow up in your face.

You said it. That's the whole problem in a nut shell. But it's not MB members, doing that, it was her. She was the one writing people off. You would give her an explanation to her why it wasn't as bad as what she thought the problem was and she would not accept it, and continue on her complaining and labeling.
This is it exactly. There was no logic with SF. You explain something to her, or ask her to clarify something, and all you would get back was that you were a racist and a bully. She didn't feel she had to qualify what she said. That's why people (and good, usually unflappable people, and I'm not talking about me) finally had enough of her and got involved in disputes, which went nowhere because you might as well be arguing with a brick wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Let's just hope it doesn't turn out all those people were Jews.
Hey it could be worse. You could be Irish!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedvesem View Post
Well, I am here because I forum-stalk my Sir. But, yes, this place can be harsh. I'd be more inclined to think she left because she's a girl than because she's a _____ girl, whatever you might want to put in that blank.
Sorry but that's just ridiculous. We've had plenty of strong women here and they've been able to hold their own no problem. Most of them give us a run for our money. There's no way women are treated any differently here, nor I think do they expect to be. They give as good as they get and everyone gets on fine mostly. This is not a forum unfriendly to females, just loons.

And while we're on that subject, let's not forget all the male loopers who have been through here, and I doubt any of them were black!

Quote:
Good point.
No, it isn't, as I just pointed out. It's an assumption based on possibly naivete or being relatively fresh to the forum, but it is not the case, not at all.
Women are welcome here. As long as they get their tits out.