Music Banter - View Single Post - Missing Posters Bulletin Board
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 09:24 AM   #3115 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
That's the thing, they hide under that claim that you supposedly match the description of a suspect but it's not the case.
It's unlikely to be the case every single time, I'm certain I've been stopped because I look like other people who've been up to no good with no specific, individual suspect in mind but I don't really care. I can understand why in an area where car theft, vandalism, arson etc is rife, committed by young, white males in their teens wearing sports clothing, that someone in the age group and wearing those clothes would be stopped.

I have an issue with the antisocial little shits committing these crimes but not the police for trying to crack down on it.

Quote:
Also you think stop and frisking people to find nothing is not the same as being harassed?
No it's not harassment.

Quote:
They are doing their jobs poorly. This method is highly ineffective and you just end up harassing more people than you actually get arrests.
It's not harassment and I'd need to see stats showing the number of searches and the number of arrests based off of those. If they stop 100 people and take two guns off the streets then that's decent work imo.

Quote:
Then they wonder why people in the community don't want to cooperate when they are trying to find witnesses for crimes.
Plenty of reasons why people wouldn't cooperate.

Quote:
You might as well just put up cameras and use those to help you do your job.
You can do both. A camera isn't going to work for every crime. For example if you are trying to crack down on knife crime, if somebody is carrying a knife in their pocket, how is a CCTV camera going to pick that up before they've stabbed somebody?

Stop & search would though

Quote:
When the only time people see police is to harass and stop them they aren't going to want to cooperate with you. When you treat the people that you are supposed to protect like animals consistently that's what happens.

"oh but maybe they should stop acting like animals."
It is the mindset when you blanket the people in one area based off of your experience and then start treating every single person you see the same way is where the issue comes into play.
It's not harassment, we are talking about stopping and searching people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
To be fair, there is a lot of police corruption going on right now over here. It isn't the norm but it certainly isn't rare. The media is highlighting every single instance of police brutality and are ignoring the great things police do but it doesn't mean that the brutality should be taken lightly. A lot of f*cked up sh*t has happened in the last two years.
I accept corruption is wrong. Stopping and searching is fine.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote