Music Banter - View Single Post - Missing Posters Bulletin Board
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 01:13 PM   #3134 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

Statistics only show so much. Even the FBI is disappointing in the lack of statistical information we have on crime rates and police killings. Statistics on killings are just an estimation at this point especially since most areas are not required to report it. Trust me, I've done extensive research on this.

More white people are shot than black people because there are more white than black in this country. But black people are killed at a vastly disproportionate rate than white people. And Native American's are really really bad too. Natives are still being slaughtered.

Now black people are disproportionately convicted of more crimes than white people. That doesn't mean black people are more likely to be criminals. That means they are more likely to be found guilty. Now in a nation where black people are already seen as criminals from the jump it's easy to target black people over white people there for you will catch more black criminals at a disproportionate rate. Also remember that statistically black people are more likely to be found guilty and are more likely to get harsher sentences. Now there could be several different reasons for this that can be speculated with out a full statistic analysis of every bit of information. We are really lacking a lot here in statistics because how many blacks getting harsher sentences are getting it because of past crimes or gang affiliation? Or how many innocent white people have been falsely convicted of crimes compared to innocent black? How often are white people checked compared to black? And the most important statistic that we will never know, how many white people get away with crime compared to black?

With leaked information like that police station where the officer was getting lectured for not checking more black and Hispanic people and statistics we do have a proof that black people are being targeted.

Whether or not black people do commit more crimes or not, it's not okay to use that to justify innocent black people being murdered and it's not okay to justify ****ty laws like stop and frisk. I know stop and frisk seems like it makes sense to YOU, but all it's really going to do is cause more tension than there already is. Treating people like animals or property like that, despite the intent, will only make things worse. If you want to stop these problems lets start at fixing these communities and helping them get out of their situation rather than alienating them with unfair practice.

Also, this is not just a simple issue. It's multiple issues. It's a race issue, a cultural issue, a police brutality issue and a class issue. All simple issues that are intertwining with each other.

Edit: Perhaps this discussion should be moved to a different thread.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote