Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 03:31 PM   #41050 (permalink)
Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blankmind View Post
Here's a recent text message conversation between my ex and I.

her: How are you?
Me: Go **** yourself
Her: Oh come on. I want to talk. I miss you
Me: Yeah, well I miss your cunt. that's it.

I don't concern myself with her because my life is in tatters that I don't need to be rekindling the past to only realize how much I miss her.

Your life isn't in the best situation pal. Instead of thinking about her, you need to think about how you're going to get on your feet.
I think the big part of this is that I know her tone. So when she texts me (somehow getting my number even though she's blocked and mine has changed) I know exactly what she wants, even if she's not saying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paedantic Basterd View Post
I'm a big proponent of "if you don't put yourself first, nobody else will". There comes a time when you cannot afford to continue to care about the plights of the people who hurt you, because they certainly do not care about yours. It takes more emotional fortitude to "return to normal" with a person who has harmed you than can be expected of anybody. I am certainly not strong enough. If you need to cut and run, you do it.
I do try to put myself forward but I was never able to do that over the past couple years so this is all new to me.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote