Music Banter - View Single Post - Christmas 2016
Thread: Christmas 2016
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 01:18 PM   #43 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
It's a stupid ass issue to be upset about. Someone is wishing you a nice day, sit the **** down and don't worry about the specific nomenclature they use. You do realize that there's more than just Christmas going on right now, right? I don't even think it's a "PC issue," it's just a change on common language to adapt to the world which is becoming markedly less Christian than it used to be.

If you grew up hearing Happy Holidays, you would give absolutely zero ****s about it.
Nah I'm not upset. You'd know if I was upset. It just annoys me.
And by the way, if you lived somewhere where all your life they'd said "Happy Christmas" and now suddenly people were saying "Happy holidays" you'd be upset too. It's what you're used to.

It certainly is a PC issue though. There have been many instances of Christmas trees being taken down because "it offends other faiths", and whether the usage of "Happy Holidays" is an effect of that or not, there's no question that the actual meaning of Christmas is being pushed into the background so as not to offend other faiths, but as I say, we as Christians are the only ones who have to do this. Seems a little unfair and perhaps biased.

Also, what does the bolded part refer to??