Music Banter - View Single Post - The Devil's Dancefloor
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 01:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thelonious Monkey
Caesar is home.

Default The Devil's Dancefloor

Welcome one and all. If you were around in early 2015, you might remember my journal called The Devil's Dancefloor. The concept was to review a different band each month, and each band was going to be a different genre of metal. Unfortunately, I didn't get that far because it was too big a workload, and I was exhausting myself. And I just wasn't as into it as I thought I would be. I made a load of promises that I couldn't keep (to be fair, this applies to all my journals really), and so I just stopped doing it. I didn't get that far anyway. Well, things have changed. I intend to do it properly this time around, and actually finish it. I've decided not to make a schedule like I did last time, as deadlines were my major problem, especially when I just couldn't be arsed. I've spent the last month writing as many reviews as I could possibly do, and still haven't burnt myself out, and I don't intend to. I'm going to keep it like this. So before we start, I'd like to note a few things.

1. I'd like to thank TH for the journal logo at the top. He of course made it a long time ago, but I still want to give credit since I'm still using it.

2. Now, the first band I did last time was Iron Maiden under the traditional metal genre, and the reviews were terrible. They were very hard to understand since I didn't get my views across very well, but I like to think my writing has improved a tiny bit (not drastically), so I've decided to keep the first band I review as Iron Maiden, and all of them are fresh reviews. My opinions have of course changed as well, so they shouldn't look like copies at all.

3. Lastly, I'll break down my reviews. The first paragraph is before I've listened to the album (although I might have already listened to the album before). After the first paragraph, I give my thoughts on each track as I go along, splitting the album into two paragraphs for each side/half of the album. The last paragraph is the conclusion, which just details my last thoughts on the album, or whatever I want to make a comment on. Obviously I insert the tracklist and my rating at the end. And that's it.

So, I hope you enjoy reading my opinions, and if you have any suggestions/ideas for this journal, let me know.

Last edited by Thelonious Monkey; 12-07-2016 at 02:17 PM.
Thelonious Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote