Music Banter - View Single Post - The Devil's Dancefloor
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 06:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Thelonious Monkey
Caesar is home.

Iron Maiden - Killers

Moving on to Killers. Let's just get right into the track-by-track review.

The Ides of March sucks as an opener. Can we just get to Wrathchild already. Jeez. Ayyyyyy Wrathchild jumps right in, Paul sounds stunning on this track. I can't believe this is the last album with him. ****. Sweet ass solo halfway through, and then it starts getting groovy. Paul does a great scream, better than most screams today. Suck it. Dude, this is a classic. Next we have Murders in the Rue Morgue. This one is sick. The riff is ****ing ace, Paul delivering some sweet lines, it then breaks down into some ****ing epic soloing. Pretty badass. Moving straight into Another Life, and goddamn listen to that riff, heavy metal as ****. Halfway through, guitars take the stage, with the drumming coming behind it, racing along. I'll be honest I'm looking at the tracklist, and this **** needs to move onto Killers, that song is ****ing sweet. But nope, we still have Genghis Khan coming at us, with his mother****ing army. Halfway through, and it hurtles right the **** at you, dude that's pretty fast. Some nice soloing as we come to the end of the song. Just ****ing end already, Killers is one track away. Innocent Exile next, so far not that special. I don't remember this song very well, but it's not leaving me much of an impression. Killers is next and I'm totally just gonna zone out until then, unless this shakes me the **** up. Oh wait, this ****s getting epic, speeding right to the ****ing end. Pretty good to be fair, just wasn't digging the first half.

And finally, we move onto Killers. Paul sounds like a ****ing menace in this, just the way he ****ing snarls at you. Dude this is somebody you wanna avoid in the street. Nice little solo halfway through, skittering everywhere, but worth it. Back to Paul stalking your ass. Lyrics are metal as ****. Brilliant man. Things slow down a bit with Prodigal Son, and this **** is decent. Nice way to come down from Killers. Paul softens up a bit. This is 6 minutes though, and I'm not a huge fan right now. Guitars comes to the front, some really great guitar soloing, keeping me engaged. Just waiting for it to end now, I'm ready to move onto Purgatory. And so we do, racing out right from the start, Paul right with them. Obligatory guitar solo happens, and breaks down nicely. Paul sounds good as always, just in case I hadn't sucked his dick enough. Ends rather nicely. Now onto Drifter, and oh my god it's the last track. ****. Great little solo halfway through, then breaks down nicely. And Paul keeps singing his song, and then an epic mother****ing solo. And Paul keeps singing his song, until we're all singing along. And then "Paul drops the mother****ing mic". The end.

1. "The Ides of March" (Instrumental)
2. "Wrathchild"
3. "Murders in the Rue Morgue"
4. "Another Life"
5. "Genghis Khan" (Instrumental)
6. "Innocent Exile"
7. "Killers"
8. "Prodigal Son"
9. "Purgatory"
10. "Drifter"

So my rating is...

Last edited by Thelonious Monkey; 12-09-2016 at 05:32 PM.
Thelonious Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote