Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 10:48 AM   #25034 (permalink)
Paedantic Basterd
Music Addict

Wilco - Star Wars (2015)

This is like the Wilco version of when Weezer lost their minds and started releasing **** like Hurley and Raditude. It's like they're trying to get out of a contract or something.

Bass Drum of Death - GB City (2011)

Bass-drum heavy garage rock. I'd actually rec this to Qwerty and Tristoff, it was a lot of fun. It complements the stuff we were playing in Plug without nicking from it too much.

The Saturdays - On Your Radar (2011)

I was reading about the formation of this group, and they said they'd been offered to record material that Girls Aloud rejected, and they found that insulting and passed. They really shouldn't have. This record sounds like it's both run-of-the-mill girl group and like it's trying distantly to ape Girls Aloud and the effect is a really boring, generic pop music album. The first track was good and then it tanked thereafter with ballads and predictable choruses.

Crystal Castles - Amnesty (I) (2016)

This sounds like they didn't even lose Alice Glass, and for me, that's a problem, because it sounds like the same old ****. Should've taken Glass's departure as an opportunity to do something new instead of hiring a singer to sound exactly like Glass on half the tracks, then be drowned out in fuzz on the other half of the album. Crystal Castles II and III are pretty much everything you need from these guys and you can pass the rest up.
Paedantic Basterd is offline   Reply With Quote