Music Banter - View Single Post - Malleus Trollheartus: Trollheart's Heavy Metal Journal
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 07:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Default Love or Hate?Metal Edition

Love or Hate? Metal Edition (logo to follow)

I've decided to run a special version of my popular "Love or Hate?" thread, dealing exclusively with Metal recs. All reviews will be posted here, and if you have any recs post them here too. In case you don't know my tastes, they run to Power, Prog, some Black (esp Atmospheric/Ambient), Standard/NWOBHM (your Iron Maidens, Saxons, Diamond Head kind of thing), Doom (but not crushingly slow a la Conan etc), a little Speed/Thrash, some Folk/Viking, Symphonic and Gothic. Subgenres I don't generally do well with are the likes of Avant-Garde, Experimental, most Death, Grindcore, Groove, Metalcore, Industrial. I am however open to recs from any subgenre.

You know the rules by now I'm sure, and if not take a look at my main thread. If you rec me something I have heard I will tell you, but bear in mind that a lot of the albums you consider classics I may not have heard. I've heard some Metallica, for instance, though not all, very little Megadeth, a bit of Anthrax, all of Slayer but hardly any Kreator, etc etc. If in doubt, ask, or if you prefer, rec and I will let you know.

If you have Metal recs already in the main thread and want them moved here, fine, but if you want to leave them where they are that's ok too. However I won't be taking any further Metal recs in the main thread, as they'll all be dealt with here.

So, who's first?

Answer: Batty! Here is the list currently, made up both of recs received here and taken from the original thread, moved at the request of the person who recommended them.

(The Batlord) Deadguy - Fixation on a Co-worker
(The Batlord) Demolition Hammer - Epidemic of Violence
(QWertyy) Harakiri for the Sky - Aokigahara
(Mondo Bungle) Inquisition - Obscure Verses for the Multiverse
(Mondo Bungle) In the Woods - Omnia
(Frownland) Ulcerate - Vermis
(Frownland) Virus - Memento Collider

Last edited by Trollheart; 12-14-2016 at 01:00 PM.
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote