Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2016, 03:28 PM   #63 (permalink)
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard
OQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Although we have a somewhat different system, I can identify with Ki by comparing this to childrens' allowance here. In Ireland, you get paid for your children a certain amount (don't have kids so don't know how much) regardless of your circumstances. So someone struggling with four kids on the dole (welfare) and no job gets the same benefit as someone who has two cars, two jobs and owns their own house. Doesn't seem fair. So if Ki is saying that, were he in that situation, and being the latter example, he would not take childrens' allowance, then I can understand that. They're meant to help you if you can't make it on your own, not be a supplement when you very easily can.

If I got that totally wrong bear in mind I'm a thick Irishman.
we have child allowance here as well. i would rather see it vary on your income (so someone on the poverty line gets much more than someone well off) so that way they wouldn't need a welfare cheque as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good