Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2016, 07:22 PM   #41464 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paedantic Basterd View Post
The reason isn't even like that. It's not even a reason. She's just gone crazytown bananapants all of a sudden. It literally looks to me like she has a psychological disorder. It's ****ing killing me too, they're some of my best friends and I don't understand why it's happening and neither does he.
Yeah, this was all about alcohol that was making everyone crazy and dysfunctional. The entire dynamic around our group was a drunk train wreck and this was the centerpiece of ****. I don't remember if I was there the time she got drunk and hit him but I remember hearing about it at least. I remember hearing about the husband having to have his hand stitched up because he put it through a window. I remember seeing the husband drunk every night, and the wife sneaking drinks and being a stumbling mess while denying the whole thing. And they had a daughter who was there through it all.

Best advice is to stay out of it as much as possible. Nothing you can do will make anything better and can only make your life harder. That's their ****, their dynamic, and if you wanna lend an ear that's fine(ish), but keep your advice and involvement to a minimum. This is one of the most traumatic experiences of these people's lives and there is nothing your irrelevant ass can do about it besides complicate an already maddeningly complex issue.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote