Music Banter - View Single Post - Blank Does Whatever He Damn Well Pleases
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2016, 11:28 AM   #265 (permalink)
Blank.
Jacob Sartorius

So I've been holding off on reviews lately cause they started to feel like a chore. And I don't want this to be a chore. I decided that I just wasn't having fun with the play by play so I'm going back to the short and quick opinions.

Today's review is Helmet's Dead to the World

So Helmet is a band I love. Meantime is on my list of amazing albums. I only recently started getting into them, but I love them. So when I was up late recently I was excited to see that they had put out a new album this year. This album feels kind of unispired. It doesn't feel like something someone poured their soul into. The mix is kind of goofy with the guitar work sometimes feeling like it's being forced to the back. Which is odd to me cause the guitar work was the best part of their other albums. I love a heavy and loud bass tone but this one just overpowers the rest of the music. Album isn't very good. That said it's also not bad. It's just meh. If this was a new band I'd say they show promise and to keep an eye on them because they may release something that'll blow you away. The reality is that this is a band that's past their prime and is trying to hold onto their former glory.

Favorite track: Look Alive - Probably had the best mixing as well as the best riffs and solo.

Rating: 2.5/5

Last edited by Blank.; 12-14-2016 at 12:13 AM.
Blank. is offline   Reply With Quote