Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 04:33 AM   #18262 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
Spoiler for the way I see it:

Because the universe, time, history etc - everything is predetermined. There is no free will. There is no, one might argue, consciousness either, since no choices are being made and everybody is just a puppet in a show that's been written long ago.. or somewhere in the future.. well, it's irrelevant when. That's the big question for me: did she really make that choice ? Was it hers to make ?
I think the knowledge of the language alone made the change, though I'd say this visit to the ship accelerated this process and Louise understood what is going on instantly, when to others it probably would take years of exposure to the language for change to appear.
Spoiler for interesting:
I would have liked to see her try to buck the system and go against the pre-written future that she has seen. It would have been interesting to see her distance herself from what was supposed to be her future husband in someway. I know it isn't in her character to do it but I would have loved to see her kill him just to make a stand! Declare that we have free will and not everything is pre-written to go against that notion.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote