Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart presents: The Showroom
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 05:11 AM   #85 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
Honestly shocked. And baffled at the hatred towards my uses of people talking. People seem to assume they're just there for the hell of it and the words being said don't matter. Not once has someone actually listened to the words on "Nailed Down" and drawn any conclusions from it. It's quite strange to me
It's your own fault man. You made For Now so beautiful and ethereal, so relaxing that I was expecting more. Had this come from, say, Machine or Plainview or even Frownland, I might have been more forgiving, but to say I expected, not necessarily better but certainly something different, from you is an understatement.

I tried to follow the story but could not. If you want to explain the significance of the voices, by all means enlighten me but if they're too personal I understand. Other than that, well I'm sorry but in general they seemed like they were just filling up space and making a piece longer than it should be.

This is why I worry about reviewing personal albums: sometimes people get upset by the criticism. But it's what I genuinely feel and you wouldn't want me to be other than honest, would you? Everyone knows at this point I don't like Noise and I'm not mad about experimental music, so anyone who has an album that fits these categories should expect me not to like it. Not necessarily hate it, and I don't hate yours (you'll see I only marked two tracks Red) but there was too much Meh in there for what I had expected.

Sorry; just being honest. Like I said when I reopened this, caveat emptor.

If anyone would like to have second thoughts and ask for their album to be withdrawn, I understand. Otherwise expect brutal honesty, without any intention of causing insult to anyone's work.