Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 10:35 AM   #18264 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Spoiler for interesting:
I would have liked to see her try to buck the system and go against the pre-written future that she has seen. It would have been interesting to see her distance herself from what was supposed to be her future husband in someway. I know it isn't in her character to do it but I would have loved to see her kill him just to make a stand! Declare that we have free will and not everything is pre-written to go against that notion.
Spoiler for **** that:
I think that would have been cheesy as ****. And it really wouldn't have made any sense. It's not like she just KNEW that she was going to become a mother. She already was a mother. She had merged completely with all of her past and future selves, experiencing their lives just as much as she was experiencing her own.

I imagine choosing not to have her child would have felt like murdering a person who she knew as intimately as her future self did, and also would have robbed, not just her, but her husband and daughter of the experiences and feelings they all shared together.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote