Music Banter - View Single Post - Blank Does Whatever He Damn Well Pleases
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 05:16 PM   #278 (permalink)
Blank.
Jacob Sartorius

The Undertaker

So Taker is one of WWE's longest tenured employees. Making his debut in the WWF in 1991 he would remain with the company to this very day. He debuted at Survivor Series and one year later he would defeat Hulk Hogan at Survivor Series to win his first WWF championship.

Undertaker would have a match with Bret Hart with Shawn Michaels as the special guest referee. Shawn would aim a chairshot at Bret Hart, but Hart would dodge the shot accidentally striking Taker costing him his championship. Taker and Shawn would then have to settle their differences eventually in Hell in a Cell. At this same show in 1997 Kane would make his debut by ripping the door off the cell and tombstone piledriving Undertaker allowing Shawn Michaels to pick up the victory.

Kane was Undertaker's kayfabe brother. Glenn Jacobs (Kane's real name) strongly owes the longevity of his career to Taker.

Undertaker's career would eventually become defined by his undefeated streak at Wrestlemania. Every year someone would claim that they are going to beat the Undertaker and every year they would fail. Takers streak is made up of some of the most legendary names in professional wrestling. Kane, Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka, Diesel (Kevin Nash), Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, Jake Roberts, Big Show, Randy Orton, and more. The streak got so important to the legacy of Wrestlemania that it was every year a huge selling point for WWE.

When Lesnar ended the streak it was a moment that shocked so many people that they said you could've heard a pin drop in the arena. I remember it happening and I couldn't believe it myself. It felt unreal that he lost.

Besides all that Taker is also the Leader of the locker room backstage. He's in charge of wrestlers court (It's a real thing. Look it up.) He's also the single biggest tough guy in all of Pro wrestling. As the Pyro for his entrance was going off he got burned. So what did Taker do? Well, with his first and second degree burns on his chest he wrestled the match. He then went to Wrestlemania where Shawn Michaels surrendered his career to the streak.

Undertaker was my favorite wrestler growing up and he's still the wrestler who mesmerizes me when he's on the screen.
Blank. is offline   Reply With Quote