Music Banter - View Single Post - Comics/Graphic Novels
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2016, 10:36 AM   #557 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Umm Why are you a huge Thor fan? I'm genuinely curious. I find him so boring overall and I can't be arsed to watch his movies when they come out.
Like the guys say, the films basically suck ass. I love Thor because from a very early age I was into Norse mythology, and Thor (the original comic) brought so much of that to life that I just loved it. Much different to the run-of-the-mill-in-some-cases hero thing. Thor's struggle against his own father, to say nothing of Loki always intrigued me, and they (Marvel) used the proper dialogue, not "dumbing it down" for kids/Americans. In the comics, Thor never said "guys" or "I'm on it" or "Awkward!" He uses the archaic forms of thee and thou and mine liege etc. Also, Sif (his wife) is smoking hot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Thor: God of Thunder helped get me into non-Batman comics, and he continues to be one of the best things about Marvel comics atm. So suck ****.
I was already into Thor before I even heard of Batman, and had issue one when it originally came out. So you suck it.
Quote:
I find him highly likeable and badass, and it's always nice to see characters who can outdrink me, but it's his universe that I consider to be the main draw rather than specifically him. Norse mythology, cosmic ****, not to mention his connection to the Avengers. There's just always something new and massively cool that can be explored with Thor comics, even if Thor isn't always the most complex character in the book.
Yeah, this. Wasn't mad about his time with the Avengers - Thor is more a loner, except when with his three companions from Asgard - and I prefer him that way. The Avengers always seem like they're more getting in his way than anything.