Music Banter - View Single Post - What Music Means To Me
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2006, 08:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
explosions-in-my-pants
angel of tragic days

Led Zeppelin – All of My Love
That song I adored for many years, and still love it because of its amazing song writing. “Should I fall out of love, my fire in the light
To chase a feather in the wind
Within the glow that weaves a cloak of delight
There moves a thread that has no end.

For many hours and days that pass ever soon
the tides have caused the flame to dim
At last the arm is straight, the hand to the loom
Is this to end or just begin?”

That part makes me think of the past two years and my feelings for this guy I’ve liked. I think its amazing how a song about love can be written so great and sound so great. That song it always meant something to me because of the amazing writing. But not until this year when I was listening to it did It really make me think about how those lyrics mean something more to me now.

Modest Mouse – Float on
I don’t know about anyone else, but I like to think if things are ****ty now, if my whole love has been ****ty then God there must be something to look forward to in the future. So this song I play it so loud and just sing it and thinking all a while that everything will be ok. And I really love this song, because it’s very rare that a song comes along that makes me feel up lifted rather then stuck in the mellow depressing world of thoughts.

Bayside – Just enough to love you
This song just reminds me of every guy I’ve ever went out with. Of every guy that ever came close to breaking my heart. Of the first guy that broke my heart, my poppy when he died, to the last guy that will break my heart *hopeless*. But yea and it also makes me hope that the guy I’ve liked does he ever get stuck in the thoughts of me after everything… and well I over think everything J

Finch – What it is to burn
I don’t fall in-love easy, I’ve been in-love once and that was only the second I said it. I was with a guy for about 7 months before I said I love you, and when I said it I meant it, but after words it wasn’t true, I only meant it in the moment because everything was great and perfect. But then life came back and he was still ******* that treated me bad and I didn’t want to be with him but didn’t want to be without. And so falling in-love is maybe what’s going on with me now, but it’s very slowly I’m easing my way into it. It’s the fact that I can actually feel myself falling for someone and its great, but I’m not even with this person is the problem. And some might even say I am in-love with him that I just won’t admit it. They tell lies.

Bonjovi – Never say goodbye
I don’t know about anyone else, but I loved these guys growing up. My father got me into them. He tired to get me to like the old 80’s pop bands like the Go Gos and ni never liked them, then he tired to get me into Dr. Hook and I didn’t like him either. But then I seen this record lying down and it stood out to me. Slippery When Wet then I had to hear it, and my father played it for me, and I loved Bonjovi ever sense, and that band opened up the door to Guns N’ roses and many other great music that wasn’t from the 60’s and or 70’s. out of all the songs on the record at the time this is one of those songs that just hit me, (after the beginning you know where he goes “remember when we lost the keys and you lost more then that in my back set baby” ha-ha makes me laugh. But the whole losing friends and hoping things will stay the same but never do just made me think way to much at that age.

ABBA – Dancing Queen
OK! I admit to loving disco as a child. I loved the Bee gee’s and ABBA they were gods to me, just because my father loved music and I thought he had wonderful taste in music. Anyways I took a strong liking to that song, and well there whole greatest hits record, but this song annoyed me the least. Well to me that song is about being free and happy. And well I loved it.

Fleetwood Mac – Songbird
This song also makes me think of two things, and makes me do one thing very well. It makes me think of love (who would have thought) I wanted to care for someone and I wanted them to love me the way I always thought I should be loved. But its hared not growing up in a loving family, then getting older and becoming so needy. Nothing ever feels as right.
And it makes me wonder if I’ll ever be loved the way I want to be. Gosh the saddest “and I love you I love you I love you like never before” that part.. oh god makes me sad. But this song well to her voice I can sing so well to it.

All 4 One – I swear
This song oh God such a good memory. When I was 6 and 7 years old, maybe even 8 I had a friend from England she moved here when she was a kid because her father was a doctor, so I was the only one in this very white town to befriend her first, then me and her were attached by the hip till the day she moved away. Anyways when we hung out we loved to listen to that
explosions-in-my-pants is offline   Reply With Quote