Music Banter - View Single Post - Attention!
Thread: Attention!
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2006, 09:29 PM   #52 (permalink)
PerFeCTioNThrUSileNCe
Bright F*cking Red

i have a feeling that a lot of the people that have joined lately, joined because they saw all the games in the lounge and thought theyd throw in their two cents. if not that then to make ridiculous posts in the music forums like trying to prove why the beatles are better than the stones. spamming just ruins the forums, and makes this a worse place for everyone.

if you are hesitant to post in certain threads because your knowledge of music isnt very extensive, then...1. consider it a learning experience and check out the bands that youve never heard of..and 2. if you know jack squat about music, and arent willing to learn, then why the hell did you join a forum called "musicbanter" in the first place.

i agree with you bungalow, im tired of all the people that post ONLY in the lounge. sure..i post in the lounge, everyone does. but when that is the only place you post on the forum, thats when its out of hand.

there have been a significant number of newbies that joined, and as soon as they posted, they got in an argument. why? usually because they are either not willing to accept other peoples opinions, or they were unwilling to learn. elitism gets no one anywhere on a forum. (with the exception of a few).

i know that a lot of the people on this forum are sick of the games and "oh em geee" threads that are pushing any form of intelligence out of sight. they are taking over, and most a lot of the people posting in them are either newer members or people who never post anywhere but the lounge. frankly, i as well as a lot of the other members are sick of it. if you cant contribute to the parts of the forum dedicated to MUSIC, then you shouldnt be here.

ive reported a few spammers lately, and most of them have been banned. i plan to keep doing this whenever i feel that someone is doing more bad than good.
My ego's like my stomach- it keeps shitting what I feed it.
But maybe I don't want to finish anything anymore..
maybe I can wait in bed 'til she comes home. and whispers....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Star
Remember kids: It's only real metal if the vocalist sounds like he's vomiting up a fetus. \m/
PerFeCTioNThrUSileNCe is offline   Reply With Quote