Music Banter - View Single Post - Comics/Graphic Novels
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2016, 05:45 PM   #559 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
his movies are probably the worst part of the MCU. although from the small bit of comics i've read he seems like a much more compelling character than he does in film. thor: ragnarok should be cool though because ****ING PLANET HULK GUYS
What!? They are going to touch on Planet Hulk in that movie? It might be the first Thor movie I watch then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I find him highly likeable and badass, and it's always nice to see characters who can outdrink me, but it's his universe that I consider to be the main draw rather than specifically him. Norse mythology, cosmic ****, not to mention his connection to the Avengers. There's just always something new and massively cool that can be explored with Thor comics, even if Thor isn't always the most complex character in the book.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Like the guys say, the films basically suck ass. I love Thor because from a very early age I was into Norse mythology, and Thor (the original comic) brought so much of that to life that I just loved it. Much different to the run-of-the-mill-in-some-cases hero thing. Thor's struggle against his own father, to say nothing of Loki always intrigued me, and they (Marvel) used the proper dialogue, not "dumbing it down" for kids/Americans. In the comics, Thor never said "guys" or "I'm on it" or "Awkward!" He uses the archaic forms of thee and thou and mine liege etc. Also, Sif (his wife) is smoking hot.
I'll be honest, I haven't read much of Thor's story in the comics but I'm just so incredibly bored by Norse mythology and I feel like my English class in high school contributed to that dislike. My curiosity is piqued enough to check out the female Thor though.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote