Music Banter - View Single Post - Tipper
Thread: Tipper
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2016, 09:47 PM   #18 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
I'm resurrecting the hell out of this, but I've been listening to Tipper for the past 5 or 6 years now and he is only being better and better. There are a lot of his songs that are really close to me, but the following two are far and beyond my favorite songs of his, and to be honest, I think Forward Escape, as an album, has become my favorite of his.

Janszoon, I know you'd appreciate these if you haven't heard them already, which I'm sure you have.

Anyway, my precious:

And then...

I used to have a different context of Tipper that was defined by a lot of his old stuff. Not anymore. Not in the least. The above two tracks have been the most important songs to me in the last year or so. I can't not love them.
I do know them! That's a great album. And I have to say, I definitely prefer his newer stuff.

Nice to see you around here man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
How serendipitous, I am actually listening to Surrounded (2003) right now. It is definitely one of my favorite electronic albums, and I can certainly see the influence in your work now that you mention it.
And nice to see you around too Pete! If I remember correctly, you're actually the person who introduced me to Tipper.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote