Music Banter - View Single Post - Holiday Charity Challenge Or Something Stupidly Named
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2016, 01:19 AM   #102 (permalink)
DwnWthVwls
Fck Ths Thngs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I think the ultra negative reaction towards this idea is lame. I think you make ****ty excuses to call it lame. As self righteous as people think doing charity and bragging about it is (which really was not the intent of the thread) I think the self righteous attitude people have to protesting it is even dumber.

Personally, as some one who's had to struggle just to not be homeless their whole adult life, I give to those who need it because I'd appreciate it if I were in that situation. I guarantee that you've never seen me brag about it because I know I'm still a piece of **** or what ever regardless and I'm not an attention whore like most of you. I'm also not shaming people for not doing it. I'm shaming people for protesting it.

I think it's particularly pathetic that you'd bitch about something like this, then turn around and bitch about being 'homeless' or how much your life sucks. To me when people act like that I realize that they aren't bitching and whining because they want help. They bitch because they want everybody to feel sorry for them and they need the attention.

So with that, happy holidays music banter. I hope you all learn to appreciate what you have this season and take the time to enjoy life.
My problem with this is that it supports the kind of shitty american culture where you do nice things because it's the holiday. Like, "I did my good deed this year" *wipes hands*. Nah, fuck that, I support being charitable and generous all year round, not because of some bs holiday.

We have a culture where we only come together for holidays or when shit really hits the fan like 9/11 or Katrina, and the rest of the year it's pretty much fuck your neighbor and their personal space, this world is all about me.

Would you have made this thread at ANY other point in the year, when it wasn't charity season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote