Music Banter - View Single Post - What TV shows are people watching?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2016, 01:11 PM   #4815 (permalink)
Paedantic Basterd
Music Addict

Soooo I started House of Cards yesterday and I got 5 episodes in, then put it away. I'm worried that this series is going to be little more than 4 seasons of escalating manipulation / personal threat, and that the series isn't going to end up telling an enclosed story. Sort of like the David Fincher version of Suits. After you've seen the first season, you've seen the whole series and it never goes anywhere; the characters just manipulate each other in the same tired ways and never develop. At a certain point, it's like TV is about trying to see how many more episodes they can make instead of telling a good story.

I have a really hard time getting into dramas, because most of the gratification comes from the overarching story, and if that doesn't play out in a satisfying way, it kind of ruins the whole series. Like with Suits, or Dexter, or Lost, or House. At least with comedy if the end of the show sucks you can just ignore it because the episodes prior to it tell complete stories and are instantaneously gratifying.

I'm tired of being disappointed by TV.
Paedantic Basterd is offline   Reply With Quote