Music Banter - View Single Post - Screamo You Should Know Because it Rules
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 05:29 PM   #17 (permalink)
Mondo Bungle
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene

I will always hold these 27 minutes of music in such high regard. It's downright criminal that these bands get so little praise in the grand scheme of things. They should be put on a pedestal if anything. Navio Forge, Union of Uranus, One Eyed God Prophecy and etc, are bands that paved the way for all the others, and they swim by relatively unnoticed and underground. It could be that they often have very small discographies, and their one release might not be brought up as much as it should.

I name dropped two others up there aside from Navio Forge, but those bands were significantly more brutal and borderline indistinguishable from extreme metal (you know why? Cuz it mother****ing is extreme metal. Hold tight for next posts)... But Navio held tightly to the notable early post hardcore roots of their music, which I'd say might even make them more important in shaping screamo of that type. But there's no mistaking it, this album is heavy, soul smashing, passionate, and otherwise hard rocking in every way imaginable. I wouldn't call this one of the metal sounding ones, but that does nothing that could take away its brutality.

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote