Music Banter - View Single Post - Who Never Topped Their Debut Album?
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 10:31 PM   #46 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiii View Post
Um. Who?
I guess those who didn't notice Bleach until Nevermind, which was half the world or maybe even millions more back then. Of course now you have Wikipedia telling you that it was their debut album, but it didn't exited back then, hence the contentious nature of what's Nirvana's debut album. It's a honest question. I am not being cheeky or anything. It's pretty well explained in the Wikipedia article.

Quote:
Bleach was well received by critics, but failed to chart in the U.S. upon its original release. The album was re-released internationally by Geffen Records in 1992 following the success of Nirvana's second album, Nevermind (1991). The re-release debuted at number 89 on the Billboard 200, and peaked at number 33 on the UK Albums Chart and 34 on the Australian albums chart. In 2009 Sub Pop released a 20th anniversary edition of Bleach featuring a live recording of a Nirvana show in Portland, Oregon from 1990 as extra material. Since its release in 1989, Bleach has sold more than 1.9 million units in the United States alone.[1] It is Sub Pop's best-selling release to date.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bleach_(Nirvana_album)

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote