Music Banter - View Single Post - The Music Banter Members' Journals Monthly Update Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2017, 12:08 PM   #851 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Returning to

And the strange case of Jade City.
I'm not trying to be nasty here, but starting a journal when you have not even twice the recommended post count to do so is perhaps a little ambitious. Perhaps not; I've seen people with single-digit post counts go straight into journal mode, and in fact, chances are that I did the same thing: arriving here (both the first time in 2008 and my return in 2011) my first stop was the Journals Section. However I started my first journal (ah, was I ever that young that I only had one journal?) with the full intention of making a go of it, and nobody can say I didn't achieve that goal.

Jade City, on the other hand, well ... I think the statistics below tell their own story. I believe this ill-fated attempt at a journal is an example of one of the causes that ends up with a journal not being carried through, as in, Jade City surely had the intention to do this but either quickly became bored with, forgot about it or, who knows, left the forum, as I don't see any posts from him in the last year or so. As you can see from the data, he spent exactly two days on his new journal, abandoning it on day two. Sigh.

So this is his legacy, and as the details below show, it isn't sadly much of one.

Statistics
Journal title: Jade's Journal yh (Don't ask me: maybe it was a typo...)
Author: Jade City
Born: February 23 2015
Total views: 568
Total posts: 5
Posts (by author): 3
Actual posts by author (ie not just replies to comments): 3
Died: February 24 2015
Graveyard Ranking: Not even a marker; overgrown with reeds and rushes, decorated with crushed beer cars and broken bottles, and littered with cigarette butts and papers. Somewhere, an owl hoots. It's the only thing in the graveyard that gives one.

And finally, because I don't want to end on a sour note, a new section:

Funniest Post

of the Week!

This can be anything: a one-liner, a clever insult, a sharp rejoinder, a joke, a witty observation; whatever tickles me and makes me laugh about something someone posted. This week's inaugural winner is ... da da da daaaahhhh!

For this little sexual innuendo from Ki's Music Hall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pansy gayboy 69 View Post
i like the title 'magic sword'
And that, my friends (well, you're not really my friends. Let's just call you ... people I met, and leave it at that, hey?) is where we come to the end of the first update for 2017. Looking forward to lots of new things happening this year, especially from me. You have been warned!

Till next week,
Toodles!