Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2017, 11:20 PM   #18489 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

for good seriously over the top gore and creative deaths...The Gore Gore Girls

Tenebrae, Driller Killer and Maniac Cop

Angst again is a step above almost any horror film and is really just a beautiful yet very disturbing film

i finally got to see.....

La La Land

holy shit this film is sooooo good. EVERYTHING about it is perfect.

it was such a thrill to sit in a theater and see a new musical in the style of 50s musicals set in modern times.

the musical numbers are grand, over the top, amazingly choreographed, fun, and i'd even say at times moving and all magical. The opening number in the theater i was in ended in a roaring applaud...and it's nowhere near the best....for me that would be Lovely Night (which the photo on the poster is from)

the story tugs so hard at every emotion and is so well written...seriously Damien Chazelle is someone who really needs to be paid attention to.....to go from Whiplash to this....fucking amazing....this is nothing short of the story of two dreamers who fall in love and it works so well in this this film

the film itself is gorgeous...the sets, the costumes, and the cinematography are so well done and so well thought out...a perfect mixture of old Hollywood with modern technique....and in my opinion a Suspria-esque use of color....as in color itself is it's own character and a major driving force in the film

this film is really only about Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone....Gosling was amazing and played this role perfectly....on top of the fact that he learned to play piano for this role....which is amazing considering how good he is....Emma Stone is fucking brilliant in this film.....her range of emotion, her singing, her complete presence....seriously she stole this in my opinion.

the music is a perfect blend of old school musical and jazz music

this is by far the film of the year for me.
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote